One of the ways you can keep your car at its best is not only by cleaning the outside windows and windshield, but also the inside windshield. This can be done easily at home with a few simple items like a microfiber towel, glass cleaner, and rubbing alcohol. Read on to learn how to clean car windshields with the automotive experts at Findlay Acura!
How to Clean Inside Car Windows
Once you have all the appropriate materials you need, follow these steps to easily remove any dirt or dust on your inside windshield:
- First, wipe down the glass with a microfiber cleaning cloth. That will remove any grime or dirt that’s on the windshield.
- Spray your preferred brand of glass cleaner on the microfiber cleaning cloth and wipe down the inside of the windshield. This should get any remaining substances off the windshield, but you’re not done yet.
- Apply rubbing alcohol to a clean microfiber cloth and wipe down the inside of the window. This cuts any grease that can build up on the glass and ensures great visibility.
- Another round of glass cleaner or a glass polish applied at the end can help give the window even better transparency.
Can You Use Windex on Car Windows?
One common question you may have when cleaning your inside windshield is can you use Windex on car windows? Windex won’t cause any ammonia problems and you can certainly use it if your windows were tinted by the factory, but you may want to use another recommended glass cleaner is your windows were tinted by a third party. If you use Windex, be sure not to get any on leather seats as this can dry out or discolor the leather. Always check with your owner’s manual or your local dealership to check if your cleaning products are safe.
More Car Windshield Cleaning Tips
If you still have a couple of spots or streaks on your inside car windshield, follow these quick steps to have it looking good as new:
- A microfiber cleaning cloth eliminates the small paper fibers you get when cleaning with paper towels. They’re also less likely to leave streaks.
- To reach the corners of the windshield, use a reach-and-clean tool.
- Use a circular motion when wiping with a microfiber cleaning cloth, but then wipe vertically at the end to remove streaks.
- This cleaning process can be used with all interior windows, not just the windshield.
Find More Helpful Service at Findlay Acura
Now that you know more about how to clean inside car windows, you can check out even more helpful service features at Findlay Acura, such as noticing car smells, hand vs. touchless car wash, how much is an oil change, premium vs. regular gasoline, how to clean leather car seats, how to use paddle shifters, and how to unlock a steering wheel. And, you can always count on our service team to have you back on the road and help you save on the maintenance you need with our service specials and coupons. Contact us today to learn more and to schedule a test drive at our dealership near Mesquite!