How to Clean Car Floor Mats
Whether you have rubber or carpet floor mats, North Las Vegas drivers understand they get severely dirty! Since they’re used every time you drive, cleaning every so often is a necessity. Findlay Acura in Henderson has a step-by-step guide on how to clean car floor mats. For more interior cleaning tips, check out how to clean leather seats!
Materials to Clean
Before Mesquite drivers learn how to clean car floor mats, you will need a few necessary materials. Below are materials needed for either rubber or carpet floor mats:
- Rubber Floor Mats: Stiff bristle brush, hose or bucket of water, microfiber towel or drying rack, vacuum, and rubber floor mat cleaner.
- Carpet Floor Mats: Brush, hose or bucket of water, wet vac or a place to hang your mats, vacuum, and carpet floor mat cleaner.
How to Clean Car Floor Mats: Rubber Mats
- Remove rubber floor mats out of the vehicle to keep the interior dry.
- Vigorously shake debris/dirt out of mats.
- Rinse off mats with water.
- Spray mats with rubber mat cleanser, then gently scrub the floor mats with a stiff bristle brush.
- Rinse mats off with water.
- Place mats on a drying rack or wipe dry with a microfiber towel. Ensure the mats are completely dry before you place them back inside the vehicle.
How to Clean Car Floor Mats: Carpet Mats
- Remove carpet mats out of the car.
- Vacuum the floor mats to remove debris and dirt.
- Repeatedly whack or shake floor mats on hard surfaces to remove small dirt particles and dust.
- Use a carpet floor mat cleaner then look at the directions on whichever clean you have then follow the instructions on how to clean car floor mats carefully.
- Use a brush to scrub out any stains or ground-in debris.
- Rinse off mats to ensure they are free of the cleaner.
- If you have a wet vac available try to vacuum floor mats again. This will help remove any additional debris and speed up the drying process.
- Hang the mats to dry! Be sure they are totally dry before you place them back in the vehicle.
Learn More DIY Maintenance Tips at Findlay Acura!
Now that you know how to clean car floor mats properly, do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions like how to check brake fluid or how to change a brake light! Findlay Acura near Las Vegas can help you find any products or parts you may need to help with the maintenance of your vehicle.