How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires?
Henderson drivers may have asked this question to a service department, wanting to know when to rotate tires for optimal performance. Generally speaking, tire rotation should occur every 5,000 to 7,000 miles of driving, but there are plenty of factors at play. Findlay Acura covers how many miles to rotate tires at and more below!
How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires: Reasons to Rotate
As you’re driving down Las Vegas roads, you’re not putting equal strain on all parts of your vehicle. This is why tire rotation is a simple solution for many — it evens out some of that stress. Know when to rotate tires to improve:
- Stress: The tires will wear down uniformly and last longer.
- Noise: Worn-down tires create disturbing noises that can be avoided if you know when to rotate tires.
- Traction: Knowing how many miles to rotate tires will also give you better traction when it counts.
To extend the life of your tires and improve your performance, it’s simply a matter of scheduling service at a North Las Vegas service center.
How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires for Different Drivetrains
As you might expect, you can figure out how many miles to rotate tires by considering your drivetrain. FWD, RWD, and AWD vehicles put different stress on different parts of your car. Here’s how often you should rotate your tires based upon this vital factor:
- FWD and RWD: The standard guideline for how often to rotate your tires applies to FWD and FWD vehicles — 5,000 to 7,000 miles.
- How it Works: Do you want to do tire rotation on your own? For a FWD vehicle, a tire rotation involves placing the front wheels in the back, but switching sides as you move up the rear wheels (rear left switches to front right, etc.). RWD tire rotation is the opposite of this process.
- AWD Tire Rotation: High-performance All-Wheel Drive vehicles come with tons of advantages but may require a tire rotation sooner than their peers. Usually, an AWD vehicle needs a rotation every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
As with many issues, you should always consult your owners manual if you’re wondering, “How often should you rotate your tires?”. Like oil changes, this is an essential vehicle service that is often found under dealership service specials!
Find More Acura Service Tips with Findlay Acura
At Findlay Acura, we don’t just want to offer Henderson drivers some of the most exciting new vehicles on the market. We also want to empower you to take care of your dream car for a long time. Check out more service tips, such as how to check tire tread depth, what tire numbers mean, or how many miles tires last, on our website and contact us with any questions today!
More From Findlay Acura
There are all types of smells associated with driving a car. However, if you experience any of the four smells detailed in the guide below, it could indicate that there is a more serious mechanical problem that needs to be addressed. Does your car smell like rotten eggs, or is it more of a burning…
Are you eager to see the 2021 Acura TLX Type S? So are we! This car is due to be released soon, and we expect it to take Las Vegas by storm. We share the available details below, including information on the 2021 Acura TLX Type S interior. View InventoryContact Us 2021 Acura TLX Type S Performance…
If you’re planning to take on your weekly commute and weekend adventures around Las Vegas in a 2022 Acura MDX, you want to be sure it’s filled with all the features you need. The Acura MDX can be equipped with five available feature packages, including the Acura MDX Technology Package. What is the Acura technology package?…