How to Set Up Apple CarPlay
Apple CarPlay apps are some of the most popular auto tech features on the market today, but just how difficult is it to set up Apple CarPlay for the first time? The good news is that this smart technology is easy for anyone to use. So whether you’re a tech-savvy driver in Las Vegas or a total novice in Laughlin, take a look at our guide to how to setup Apple CarPlay!
What are Apple CarPlay Apps?
Apple CarPlay is a smartphone integration system that pairs your phone with your vehicle, unlocking a host of features that you won’t get anywhere else. This allows your smartphone to act like a copilot on the Mesquite roads, pulling up everything from maps to playlists to hands-free texting and more. Here are just a few of the features that cars with Apple CarPlay can utilize:
- Siri Voice Control
- Apple Calendar App to manage your daily schedule
- Apple Maps with immersive 3D images and detailed maps
- Apple Phone App to never miss an incoming call
- Apple Messages App to read, reply, and send messages
- Access to Your Apple Music Subscribed library for all your tunes
Steps to Set Up Apple CarPlay
Learning how to set up Apple CarPlay takes only minutes, but if you run into any issues, be sure to reach out to our service department. We can help you troubleshoot or even run through the process for you if you’d prefer!
- Start your vehicle and see if Siri is activated.
- Connect your iPhone to your vehicle. Apple CarPlay works only with iPhone generation 5 and up.
- USB method: Plug your iPhone into the USB port with a smartphone or CarPlay icon.
- Wireless method: Flip the radio to wireless or Bluetooth mode. Press and hold the “Voice Command” button on the steering wheel. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay on your iPhone. Tap “Available Cars” and choose your vehicle.
Don’t forget to take a look at your owner’s manual for specific recommendations for your make and model!
Find Cars with Apple CarPlay at Findlay Acura
Need extra help learning how to set up Apple CarPlay? Looking for new cars with Apple CarPlay? No matter your needs, Findlay Acura can help you with any automotive concerns! Contact us at Findlay Acura in Henderson and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.
More From Findlay Acura
There are all types of smells associated with driving a car. However, if you experience any of the four smells detailed in the guide below, it could indicate that there is a more serious mechanical problem that needs to be addressed. Does your car smell like rotten eggs, or is it more of a burning…
Are you eager to see the 2021 Acura TLX Type S? So are we! This car is due to be released soon, and we expect it to take Las Vegas by storm. We share the available details below, including information on the 2021 Acura TLX Type S interior. View InventoryContact Us 2021 Acura TLX Type S Performance…
If you’re planning to take on your weekly commute and weekend adventures around Las Vegas in a 2022 Acura MDX, you want to be sure it’s filled with all the features you need. The Acura MDX can be equipped with five available feature packages, including the Acura MDX Technology Package. What is the Acura technology package?…