What is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
Interested in learning more about the difference between CPO vs. used vehicles? The Findlay Acura team can help you decide which is right for you. Though, technically, both are categorized under “used,” there are important differences between used and certified pre-owned models that you’ll want to know about before choosing one for yourself. Learn more about what these are and more with our team today before you choose a new-to-you car, truck, or SUV.
What to Know About Buying a Used Car
Used vehicles come in a wide range of model years, have different mileage, and a varying number of previous owners. Because of this, they are typically priced lower than new vehicles and certified pre-owned models. Our dealership also carries an inventory of used cars under $10,000 for sale if you want to save even more. And since these vehicles aren’t new, you don’t have to worry about depreciation. When the time comes to hunt for a new-to-you vehicle, keep the following in mind:
- Standard used vehicles are not required by the OEM to be inspected before being sold. Dealerships like Findlay Acura can be counted on to still inspect the vehicle for safety and quality, but you should approach private sales with greater caution. Any privately sold used vehicle you’re considering should be inspected by a trusted technician and taken for a test drive before making an offer.
- Discuss any issues in terms of vehicle condition or performance that arise, to ensure the vehicle is fit for your needs and safe to drive. If you plan to purchase it despite any problems, make sure you factor the cost of repairs into your budget.
- Some cars and SUVs can last more than 200,000 miles with proper care and maintenance, so a high-mileage used car could well be a good option if you’re on a tight budget.
What to Know About Buying a CPO Car
Certified pre-owned vehicles are used vehicles that have been thoroughly inspected by factory-trained technicians at the dealership. The vehicle can only be considered a part of the manufacturer’s certified pre-owned program if it passes this rigorous inspection.
The requirements for the Acura CPO program are as follows:
- Model year is within five years of the current model year
- Generally less than 80,000 miles, sometimes up to 100,000 miles
- A multi-point inspection
- Offered with extended warranties and/or limited powertrain warranties
Certified used cars typically come at a higher price than used models, and a lower price than newer models, because they are newer models with less mileage. They are also a great option if you want newer model technology features.
Shop for Pre-Owned Vehicles at Findlay Acura
Ready to learn more about the difference between used and certified pre-owned models or want to get the process started on your favorite model? Contact our team today! We can also help you save more with our available pre-owned vehicle specials.
More from Findlay Acura
There are all types of smells associated with driving a car. However, if you experience any of the four smells detailed in the guide below, it could indicate that there is a more serious mechanical problem that needs to be addressed. Does your car smell like rotten eggs, or is it more of a burning…
Are you eager to see the 2021 Acura TLX Type S? So are we! This car is due to be released soon, and we expect it to take Las Vegas by storm. We share the available details below, including information on the 2021 Acura TLX Type S interior. View InventoryContact Us 2021 Acura TLX Type S Performance…
If you’re planning to take on your weekly commute and weekend adventures around Las Vegas in a 2022 Acura MDX, you want to be sure it’s filled with all the features you need. The Acura MDX can be equipped with five available feature packages, including the Acura MDX Technology Package. What is the Acura technology package?…